Wednesday, November 5, 2014

House, Halloween and other happenings

Since I haven't posted for quite awhile, here is the Reader's Digest version of our life lately....

House
The house is actually coming along pretty quickly.  It has been a lot of work and long days for Mike, but he loves that kind of stuff  :)  We have to build 9 houses total and as of right now we have finished framing 5 and are working on the 6th.  We are hoping to have all the framing done before it gets too cold so that we can be working on the insides most of the winter.  I was a little worried about whether or not I would be much help being pregnant and all but there is a lot that I can do.  I just avoid all the heavy lifting and ladders and such.  So pretty much all the hard stuff   :)  If all goes according to plan we should be able to move in in June.  That's about a month per house.  Not too shabby for a bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing.  Keep your fingers crossed.




Halloween
I was pretty excited for Halloween with Damon this year.  Although it's his 3rd Halloween this was the first year that he had any idea what was going on.
He loves to paint and is pretty funny about textures when touching things, so I decided to let him paint a pumpkin this year.  He had a blast and ended up with as much paint on him as on the pumpkin.  Mike tried to get him to touch the guts from his pumpkin but he would have nothing to do with it.



We dressed him as a pumpkin.  Probably the cutest pumpkin I have ever seen.  Ashlee was nice enough to let us crash Trick-or-Treating with them.  I knew Damon would have fun if he did it, but I felt stupid taking him up to doors myself and saying Trick-or-Treat aka my child doesn't know what's happening but give us candy anyways....  So it was nice that he just got to go up to the doors with his cousins.  He was so funny and would walk up to the porch, and then just hang back while everyone else got candy, and then leave.  People were always really nice to catch him before he got too far and give him some.  By the end of the night he had a better idea of what was going on but was getting pretty tired.
He now wants to wear his pumpkin costume everyday and keeps saying "Howee" (Halloween).  The poor kid doesn't really get that holidays are just once a year.  He is the same way with birthdays.  Every time he sees a candle he thinks it is someones birthday.  When Mike put one in his pumpkin he kept saying "happy" "happy".  And he is still telling me Happy Birthday.....



Night Out
Now that we are building we don't get a whole lot of family time together.  So a couple weeks ago when we had a day off, we took Damon to the American West Heritage Center to check out all the fun fall activities.  They had pony rides and even though Damon loves horses, I didn't know how well he would do actually riding one.  I had no reason to worry.  HE LOVED IT!  He kept neighing all night wanting to go back and do it again.


They also had a train which he was thrilled to go on.  The bounce house and slide were okay but if he had it his way he would have gone back and forth between the train and horses all night.


I finally finished the table I was working on.  More like my dad finally finished it.  After we started on the house, I never had a free minute without Damon that I could go work on it.  So my dad was nice enough that he just did it for me one Saturday.  It probably could have turned out nicer had I been willing to take the time to refinish the wood, but I really like the way it looks all black.  With the price of paint and sandpaper and everything this probably cost about $40.  I'd say that't a steal.  It has a leaf too so when we get into our house and have more room we can have a bigger table.  

Here are a couple random pregnant pictures of me.  And that is all you will see because that is all I have taken. :)  The doctor says she expects this baby to come about when Damon did so a week early.  That is less than 3 weeks away.  EEK!  I'm (not so) secretly hoping he will come sooner than that, but still be perfectly healthy.... I don't think that's too much to ask!  We are well on our way though!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment