Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I've decided to start the blog back up.  I was too busy/lazy to do it last time, but I really like looking back at the things I have posted and forgotten about so here we go again.  I'm not even going to try to catch up on the last almost 2 years but hopefully I can stay updated from here on out.

We have been loving the splash pad across the street from our apartment!! I worried that Damon might be a little scared but the first time he saw the water going he was pulling against me trying to get in it.  It was like 6:30 at night and he wasn't in a swimming suit, but it was still pretty warm so in he went.  He had a blast until one stream of water got him right in the face!  Then he was scared and probably a little cold.  The next time we went back he refused to go unless he could push his empty stroller around with him.... okay.....  We have been back a few more times and he is over the stroller thing and has been having a great time!  He stands right in the middle with this big grin on his face and his arms flailing up and down.  Then he runs back over to make sure you are watching and clapping for him, then he goes back for more.  When he gets bored with that he says "nee.....neee...." which in Damon's world means swing.  Its pretty handy having all the playground toys there too because he can go back and forth between the two.  It is also kind of a pain in the butt because just when I get comfortable watching him in the water he runs away to the toys :)





He is such a little tease lately and he thinks he is so funny.  He will stand up in the tub and start whining and reaching for me so I grab his towel and go to get him out.  Right when I reach out to pick him up he says "NO!" and sits back down and starts splashing and laughing.  When I finally do get him out of the tub he goes to his room and collapses on the floor with his towel covering him.  He thinks he is hiding.  So then I have to say "where's Damon?" and make noise like I am looking for him and he laughs and laughs (super discreet for someone who is hiding).  When I actually lift up the towel to find him he freaks out and whines until I cover him back up and then he says "thank you".  I think he is missing the point of the game.......

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! Glad that you are back to blogging! I love that Damon pushed the stroller!

    ReplyDelete