Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Damon's getting a brother!

Here comes boy #2!!  And this time I was so sure it was a girl.....  With Damon I was not sick at all!  Really the only pregnancy symptom I had was being tired.  This time around has been SO different.  During the first trimester I was super nauseous and dizzy/lightheaded all the time, not to mention I had zero energy at all.  I figured that every pregnancy is probably different no matter what, but I have heard that you are supposedly a lot more sick when you are having a girl.  So I kinda went with that and had it in my head that this baby was going to be a girl.  When we went for the ultrasound, the tech put the thing on my stomach and the first thing that came into focus was the view proving it was a boy :)  I always have a hard time seeing what is allegedly on the screen so when she said "well that's pretty obvious what it is isn't it?"  I was kinda like uh.....  It took me a minute to realize what I was actually looking at, and then I was like "oh it's a boy!"  Kinda took me by surprise.  It took awhile to wrap my mind around the fact that it was another boy.  Ashlee was watching Damon for me and I told her when I dropped him off that I wouldn't be any less excited if it were a boy, but it would be weird because I had already kinda convinced myself that we were having a girl.  Shows what I know!!  I'm thinking that every time I guess the gender I will be wrong......


I'm really excited that Damon will be getting a brother!  They will be pretty close in age and hopefully they can be good friends.  Mike is excited that they might be on the same football team and stuff (of course) :)  It's also really nice that this time around I don't have to go out and buy everything.  Don't get me wrong there will still be a ton of shopping done I am sure, but it can just be stuff I want and can be optional!  Plus I know what I am doing when it comes to boys......I think.......  Mike is super excited that this baby won't grow into an ornery hormonal teenage girl.  WOW.

1 comment:

  1. Auntie Caitlin is glad that she won't have to break the bank at H&M again! Well, maybe just a little...

    ReplyDelete