Tuesday, August 5, 2014

random picture overload

First of all, funny story- last night we were saying prayers and it went something like this:
Mike: Thank you that we were able to see Grandpa, Grandma, Caitlin, Meg....
Damon: (Still kneeling down and folding his arms) Truck! Truck! Truck!
Mike: And the truck
Damon: (smiles)
What a little goober!!!!!!!!!!!



A couple weeks ago, Damon and I had been out and about all morning grocery shopping and such.  He had missed his normal nap time and was SO tired!  I put him down for a nap and started mopping the floors.  He was screaming, but I thought since he was so tired it wouldn't take long for him to cry himself to sleep.  I kept mopping and then I thought I heard "mom".  
Strange.  
I was sure I was hearing things, but then I heard it again and it sounded really close.  Mike and I looked at each other and then went and looked down the hall.  There was Damon standing outside his bedroom with his hand in the air calling for me to come get him.  (He has learned the hard way not to walk across the tile while I am mopping or he goes crashing to the floor).  What the heck?!  So of course we put him back in his crib to see how he managed to get out.  He immediately swung his leg up over the side and boosted himself over the edge.
And life as we knew it was over.
I have been expecting this for quite awhile now, but was really hoping he would stay in there forever :)
That night we flipped his crib around so the tall side was facing out and he couldn't get out.  But I am not tall enough to get him in and out of it that way, especially with my big belly in the way......  So the next day I decided to convert it into the toddler bed.  I put him in the crib while I was working on it and he kept trying to get out but couldn't.  I thought it might be my lucky day and he would stay in the crib for a little longer. 
Ha!
Instead he just threw himself over the edge head first.  I was sitting there to catch him, but decided the side needed to go before we ended up at the hospital with a broken bone or needing stitches.
We have been really lucky! He LOVES the bed and has almost slept better in that than he did in the crib.  I had to put a child proof thing on his doorknob so he can't get out of his room and he has been doing great!  He struggled a little the first day, but has been sleeping in there all night every night and napping great!  Sometimes I can hear him in his room playing when he is supposed to be napping, but eventually he climbs in bed and goes to sleep.  I was dreading it all for nothing!!!
 He loves playing in his room lately, and thinks jumping off his bed to the floor is the best game ever!



 Damon loves all the 'tractors' out at Grandpa and Grandma's house.  
He goes to the shed and knocks on the door til we let him in to play on one.




 We were playing outside the other day and it was SO hot!! Megan filled up his pool, but he was way more interested in the hose.  He had a great time figuring out that if he lifts it in the air he can get it on his head.  And he learned to stick his finger in the end of the hose and make it spray everywhere!  Including all over me and the inside of the house through the screen door......




I'm pretty sure this kid would sit in this wagon and let us pull him all the way to China if we would!
Big thanks to my aunt Linnea for finding it for us! 




 Helping me and Caitlin make jam.  He insisted on stirring by himself and completely freaked out when we tried to help.  Oh the joys of a 2 year old......




 Mike doesn't like pulling the wagon because the handle is too short and he has to lean down to pull.
So, he hooked a rope to the handle to make pulling easier.  Then he decided that it would be even easier if it were hands free altogether.....




And perhaps the best news of all.... We finally get to close on our loan tomorrow!!! Hallelujah!  Hopefully we will start getting stuff ready and building this week (heard that before!)  I am so excited to get this started and be well on our way to getting into our OWN HOUSE!! YAY!  Here is a picture of our lot.  Our house will face the street, and we will have a deck on the back of the house.  Don't we have a great view from the deck?!

No comments:

Post a Comment